With the same rough-out leather and rugged nylon that you expect from Danner, we built the Tanicus to be our lightest military boot that is theater ready. Featuring an added layer of cushioning in the midsole and a dampening heel cup, we used a polyurethane footbed to ensure that comfortability won’t break down over time. The breathable, moisture wicking mesh liner keeps you cool in hot climates and the outsole's pentagonal lug pattern gives you stability in a variety of terrain.
- Durable, rough-out leather upper with rugged and lightweight 1000 Denier nylon
- Breathable, moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Lightweight, athletic design
- Cushioning polyurethane footbed
- Danner® Tanicus outsole features pentagonal lugs for variety of terrain
- Meets AR 670-1 requirements for optional wear
- Fiberglass shank
- 8” height
- 39 oz
They're very light and breathable, great for hot weather. The only complaints I have so far are the soles are glued instead of stitched, and the soles aren't the Vibram style I'm used to. Other than that, I love them! They're Danner, so they'll last a long time.