Calcium Carbide Hand LampHQ Company
- Safe, simple and durable design of solid brass.
- Water in the top chamber drips onto carbide fuel in the lower chamber which produces acetylene gas. A small amount of pressure builds up to push gas through the orifice in the 4-1/4"OD chrome reflector.
- Brightness is controlled with a valve that regulates how fast the water drips from upper to lower chamber.
- Light with flint striker on reflector.
- Size: L-3.25" W-3.25" H-7.5"
Works as designed. Recommend to first time operators to fill the upper chamber with water and get acquainted with the drip rate before trying it with fuel. Once lit, flame was a bit unstable but I attribute that to using just a few stones of calcium carbide so reaction to make acetylene gas was not uniform or consistent. Will try with full charge of calcium carbide. Other than that, seems very well made, heavy duty. Materials seem to be of good quality. Light output impresses me given the old school technology this is. I'm happy with my purchase.